New to Pilates?
Welcome to Pilates Perfect.
Pilates is perfect for everybody and every body.
It doesn’t matter what shape your body is in or the shape of your body. Pilates is perfect if you’re recovering from an injury, perfect if you haven’t exercised or moved in a while
(it’s completely perfect if you’re new to exercise and new to Pilates) and perfect if you work out regularly and want to further inform your training.
If you are new to Pilates
Pilates might feel a little strange at first because it’s like no other method of exercise.
If you take up a new hobby or start to learn a new language you wouldn’t expect to be an expert immediately and being new to Pilates is no different!
I’ll demonstrate and talk you through each exercise and offer corrections where necessary, but there are no penalties for trying something, seeing how it feels, learning as you go along – we’ll make adjustments together, keeping you safe.
Pilates Perfect classes are mat based:
- mats are provided so you don’t need to buy one
- sometimes you’ll be standing up, sometimes you’ll be sitting down
- sometimes you’ll be lay on your back, side or front. It’s all good. If it’s not we adjust.
- in a Pilates class, we don’t do 25 or 30 reps of a movement. More usually 8 or 10. Less is definitely more
- during your Pilates Perfect class, the focus is on good quality, precise movement.
As you progress we increase and develop the movements
Your coordination will improve so we’ll add complexity
Your balance, flexibility, focus and stamina will improve so we increase demand
Pilates isn’t a cardiovascular workout – you won’t be building up a sweat or getting out of breath.
You’ll leave walking taller, feeling relaxed, invigorated, balanced and strong.
Come along and see for yourself!